2018 Eco Fair
Saturday, May 19th, 2018 – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
It’s the Best School Day of the Year!
When it comes to a family fun fair, the Compass School’s Eco Fair is where you want to be! We have music (Saddle Up The Chicken), food, arts & crafts, a dunk tank, a bouncy house, henna, hair wraps, bike tune-ups, a silent auction full of awesome goodies and a whole bunch more of fun stuff for the kids and adults too! Please come and join us…the more, the merrier!
Eco Fair is an annual all-day event at The Compass School built around the theme of environmental sustainability. Taking place on a Saturday in May, it is a day to celebrate learning, family and the environment.
- Students educate the community about environmental sustainability by sharing projects they completed.
- There are games and activities for people of all ages—from pottery painting to live music.
- Vendors of local products, and outreach displays by environmental agencies from around the state always popular.
- We hold our annual plant sale of perennials, vegetables, herbs and flowers from our greenhouse and community.
- The Compass Grille and other food vendors provide nourishment for attendees.
This is our biggest event and we need a lot of people to help us organize.
How can you help?
- Arts and Crafts – Having lots of kid friendly things for children to do.
- Basket Raffle and Silent Auction– Organizing and creating themes for the baskets, getting volunteers to sell tickets and work in the silent auction area.
- Compass Grill – This involves getting volunteers to run the grill, acquiring one big grill or a few smaller ones.
- Bake Sale – This involves organizing the volunteers to run the sale and getting donations.
- Garden Sale – This involves organizing the volunteers to run the garden sale and getting plant donations from the community.