Please give to our Annual Fund at any time and in any amount. The Compass School is a non-profit organization and your donation is tax-deductible. Our student’s success strongly depends on your financial support.
Make checks payable to:
The Compass School
The Compass School
537 Old North Road
Kingston, Rhode Island 02881
Support Our Strategic Plan
|Last year, 100% of Compass parents, faculty and council participated in an in-depth strategic planning process. The outcome of this combined effort is that we have clear and targeted goals for 2016-2018!
Your contribution to The Compass School Annual Fund will allow us to bring our strategic plan to fruition.
Blended Learning (Technology Instruction)
- Technology Maintenance/Repair: This year, Compass invested heavily in technology. We now have iPads, Chromebooks and we’re in the final phases of a major internet upgrade. These tools are incredibly important to instruction in the digital age, but they are only useful if they are functioning properly. Your contribution to our blended learning initiative will offset the costs of our technology maintenance and repairs.
- Technology Tools: Not only have we invested in hardware (Chromebooks, Ipads, and wireless infrastructure), we have also purchased licenses to new learning programs that will enhance our curriculum. Your contribution will offset the licensing costs that bring the latest technology tools to our students and teachers.
Facilities (Maintenance and Expansion)
- Classroom Expansion (The Modular Addition): Our Explorers and Discoverers are doing amazing things in very tight quarters. Their small learning environment limits the teaching strategies that our educators can utilize with students. This winter’s addition of a new modular building will double the learning environment for all four of these classrooms. Your donation will offset the cost of the $130,000 modular expansion and the additional furniture for the larger space.
- Facilities Manager: The Facilities Manager is a new position at Compass as of 2014. The value of this position is in our ability to be proactive about maintenance, repair and care of our facilities as well as support our environmental sustainability initiatives, including composting and gardening. This position is also an important point person in the preparation of our grounds for the new modular building.
Development (Fundraising Target: $50,000)
- Development Director: This new position will anchor The Compass School’s fundraising efforts. With the development director’s guidance, Compass will initiate an Annual Fund in the 2015-16 school year with intention to launch a Capital Campaign in the future. Additionally, the Development Director will prepare grant applications with the goal of bolstering Foundation support for our initiatives. The commitment to a paid Development Director seeks to offer consistency and stability to Compass’ efforts.
Annual Fund FAQ
Why is my gift to the Annual Fund so important?
Every year you participate in the Annual Fund, it’s like you are casting a vote – for our students, for our faculty, and for Compass mission. Administration, Trustees and other potential donors view participation as one indicator of satisfaction in the school. And every gift made, no matter the size, makes a difference!
What is the goal of the Annual Fund Campaign, and how will the gifts be used?
The Annual Fund proceeds provide Compass with the financial flexibility to make investments throughout the year that would not be possible through district revenue only. Examples of those investments include:
- Blended learning
- Maintaining Buildings, Grounds, & Equipment
Who participates in the Annual Fund campaign?
Donors include school families, friends, grandparents, alumni, alumni parents, faculty and staff. Additionally, we support our budget for facilities and special enrichment programs with corporate and foundation grants.
How do I make my Annual Fund Campaign Gift?
The easiest way to make a gift or pledge is to visit our secure, online giving link at the bottom of this page. Donations and pledges can also be submitted to the school office at any time. Forms are available on the front office.
Can my Annual Fund gift be matched by my employer?
Depending on your employer, most charitable gifts to a school can be matched. For information regarding your employer’s matching gifts policy, please contact your company’s Human Relations office. United Way contributions can also be directed to our school
As a nonprofit organization, diversifying our funding sources is imperative to the livelihood of our mission. Building our grant seeking and writing capability is the best way to secure funding for our school and community.
The key to finding grant funding opportunities and writing award-winning grant proposals is knowing where to find them. We can always use your help in doing just that.
This fundraiser was originally designed to not only pave a path for handicap access to our farmhouse, but also to help raise funds to make improvements to the existing buildings (inside and out). The program achieved it’s initial objective and was so popular that we’ve kept it going.
Please click here for more information and ordering form.
The Great Lakes Scrip Center acts on behalf of our school and other non-profit organizations to purchase large amounts of scrip from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the scrip is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. We buy the scrip at a discount, and resell the certificates for full face value.
Contact Julie Wynsen in the administration office at email@example.com for more information.