What is the mission of SELAC at Compass?
The mission of the Compass SELAC is to advocate for all children at The Compass School; especially those with exceptionalities. The SELAC Committee is made up of a group of parents, professionals and concerned citizens who are dedicated to connecting all families with individuals and agencies offering information and support in developing, planning and preparing for the education process required to meet their child’s needs.
Who is Involved in SELAC?
Parents with children who receive special education services make up the entirety of the SELAC leadership team and a majority of the SELAC membership.
Community members, teachers and other professionals are also encouraged to join.
Why Should Others Get Involved?
- To have input into programs that could affect your child
- To advocate more effectively for your child
- To support your child, as well as other children in the special education community
Where can I find more information?
- Contact Director of Student Services: Michelle Bush, M. Ed.:
- To become a member of this vital team, please email Michelle Bush with your name, phone number, address and any information you would like to share.
- If you have a suggestion or a topic you would like to see addressed at a future meeting, please email Michelle Bush with your request.
- Events/ meeting will be shared with families via the Compass School Weekly Updates (four per year).
Other Helpful Resources
- RI Parent Information Network (RIPIN)
- Parent Support Network (PSN)
- RI Department of Education (RIDE)
- The Autism Project of RI