We are super excited to partner with the 4H organization as we move forward with our intentions to host animals here at Compass! The first meeting was held just before the beginning of the school year, and we are thrilled to have had so many interested families in attendance! From our first year Explorers to the more seasoned Navigators, the idea of bringing a 4H club to the Compass School was met with a lot of energy and excitement.
Approved Volunteers can help in many different ways! Some needs are:
- -Communications assistant (notifying group of bi-weekly meetings)
- -Project assistant (helping in prep and teaching)
- -Providing exhibit assistance and mentoring for student’s presentations
- -State rep (attending statewide meetings and facilitation student attendance)
- -Online roster management (needs computer/excel skills)
- -Business leader (leads the “business meeting” portion of club meeting-first 15 minutes)
Ready to Get Involved? We’re so excited to have you!
- To start, enroll in the URI 4H system as a volunteer here.
- Fill out an application form including permission to do a background check. You can download the form here.
- Include a copy of a recent BCI.if you don’t have a current BCI, complete additional disclaimer form and have it notarized w/front and back of driver’s license. (4H has a notary: Kristy Horan 874-2959)
- Club Name: New Compass School Club
- Attend an adult volunteer training on Oct 5th from 3-5 pm. Students are encouraged to attend, as this will be our first 4H meeting, right here at Farm Headquarters!
What is 4H?