Thank you for your interest in The Compass School!
Admission by Lottery
The Compass School follows the Rhode Island Department of Education’s guidelines for lottery admission. All students interested in attending our school should submit an application (featured below). The lottery is held each Spring for enrollment in the following school year.
Enrollment Information from our Charter
- Target Population – The majority of our students reside in Washington County school districts (South Kingstown, Narragansett, Chariho, North Kingstown, Exeter/West Greenwich, and Westerly) with up to 5 % from other RI school districts.
- Procedure & Selection – Per the guidelines set forth by the Rhode Island Department of Education, a lottery will be conducted if the amount of applicants exceeds the available openings. Any applicant not chosen will be retained on the waiting list, which will not roll-over from year to year.
Next Compass Lottery: March 1st, 2017
This year, our application is available both online and in a paper format.
- Please click to complete the 2017-2018 Compass School Lottery Application
- Paper copies are available in our office and by request (see contact info below).
The application deadline is February 25, 2017.
We invite you to attend an Open House!
The Open House begins at 6:30 PM and is conducted as a presentation for parents which includes a question and answer period. This is a great opportunity for parents of prospective students to visit our school and meet teachers and families from the Compass Community.
- Visit our school
- Meet teachers and staff
- Talk with other parents
- Forward admission inquiries to: Student Services
401-788-8322 or email@example.com
Our Open Houses will occur on the following Dates
- January 17th from 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- February 1st from 6:30 – 7:30 pm