Saccoccio and Associates was hired in March of 2017 to perform a Feasibility Study at the Compass School in Kingston, RI. Their work was to explore the following objectives:
- A comprehensive analysis of the Seed Barn’s physical condition
- Recommendations on whether the barn can be renovated and reconfigured to house a
- Find a location on-site for a new Middle School
During this process, a few other important items were added to the overall mission of the Compass School:
- Septic System.
- A separate bus drop-off, parent drop-off and teacher parking area
- Relocation of the historic Seed Sorter
- Creation of a gathering space for up to 250 people
In the end, Saccoccio and Associates was able to create and present a Feasibility Report which includes the following:
- Structural Evaluation of the Seed Barn
- Overall Site Plan, Rendering and Estimate of the Approved Master Plan
- Floor Plans, Rendering and Estimate of the Seed Barn as a Middle School
- Floor Plans, Rendering and Estimate of a New Middle School
- Floor Plans, Rendering and Estimate of the Seed Barn as a Multipurpose Space.
The video below gives a comprehensive visual tour of the options presented to us.