This year’s Eco Fair is going to be espically awesome. As someone who tends to be quite verbose… right now I am so in awe of how hard everyone has worked that I am that I am having trouble finding the words. All I can do is just keep repeating Epically Awesome. Here are my Top 4 Reasons why you should be PUMPED about what is about to happen here on Saturday!
1. We built a FARM!
- You’re going to get to see the outcome on Eco Fair Day, but that won’t quite capture the transformational journey we took to get there.
- Please check out this BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURE SLIDE SHOW to appreciate how we have grown as a community and a campus through this process:
2. A 42 Foot INFLATABLE WHALE will be on campus!
- We will all be able to walk inside it!
- Check out this 2 min VIDEO to learn how this plastic inflatable whale can help students care about the environment.
3. We’ll have outstanding entertainment and education!
- Entertainment Galore!
- 2 Live bands!
- Ponies, Goats and Bunnies!
- Face painting
- Dunk tank
- …and more!
- Workshops Galore!
- Mushroom inoculation
- Goat care
- Native Plants
- …and more!
4. Our Explorers’ chicks have hatched!
The Explorer classes successfully hatched chicks! We have 18 that are available for a donation. If you are thinking of starting a coop at home or adding a few to your flock they can be seen and reserved at the Eco Fair. We can hold them until Friday May 26th.
Eco Fair Saturday!
Some folks get excited about Super Bowl Sunday (okay, maybe more than some), but for me and many of your children, Eco Fair Saturday is the BEST day of the year.
Eco Fair is a beast to pull off and the details matter. Please review the schedule below to have a sense of the day.
- 9:30 In classrooms: Students report to their classrooms
- 9:45 Behind the Main Building: Students, families and staff gather for the Opening Ceremonies!
- 10:00 In Classrooms: Student Project Shares!
- 11:00 At the Garden of Ideas: Farm Ribbon Cutting!
- 11:10 Throughout the Campus: The Fair is Open!
- 3:00 Fair Concludes
Eco Fair is a Labor of Love.
This year’s planning committee was an incredible group that got us to the starting point. We need all of you to take us to the finish line.
This is the Eco Fair Planning Committee’s final wish list:
- Please Volunteer!
- Sign up on sign up genius – it’s easy!
- Remember what you’ve signed up for – write it down – you’re responsible for setting your timer and remembering where you’re supposed to be 🙂
- In particular, we need Human Power for Friday afternoon set up, Saturday morning set up, after fair break down.
- Please Lend! Please lend us your folding tables, extension cords, pop up tents and coolers needed – clearly labeled with your name. Drop off and send in as soon as possible!
- Please Donate!
- Please donate used books for Eco Fair Book Sale (collection bin in front of school)
- Please donate potted, non-invasive plants for plant sale (drop off on the side of main building).
On Eco Fair Day, things can get a little stressful because we’re all working so hard to have everything go smoothly. Please remember to breathe, enjoy the work and enjoy one another.
Thanks for all you do to make this such a special and warm community!
See you SATURDAY at 9:30!